Saturday, June 16, 2012

Thoughts From A Global Guy: Deep thought

A few nights ago, I had this dream that I was alone on the stage playing Nocturne in C#-minor transcribed for violin.  It was a big stage to say the least and the acoustics were incredible.  The passion I felt while playing engulfed my soul. Playing in a suit-just to set the mood made an impact yet alone.  I was completely lost in the music.  The Nocturne in C#-minor is a dark and haunting piece-given the minor key. It is a rather subtle piece, but the elements of uncertainty were there. As I played through the upper register, I felt the sweat coming down my face due to the light shining on me. 
When I finished, I stopped and remained in silence to absorb it all. All of a sudden, I woke up realizing the melody was playing on my phone, which was set to my text messages at the time. 


Playing the violin has been a dream of mine for the longest.  I will say that my knowledge about the violin and classical music as a whole is quite advanced considering I never played violin in my life. Although, I was in band half my life and attended several performing arts camp that exposed me to the genre more in depth. As I grew older and more involved, my understanding evolved.  It is a bit humorous at times because I do not know many black guys that love classical music as much as I do.  I laugh at it myself sometimes and many people are thrown off because I do not fit the description.  However, I can talk about it and go in depth. 


I love classical music.


Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment